This AUP governs the use of Warpline Web Hosting services. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and Warpline Web Hosting regarding the interpretation of this AUP, Warpline Web Hosting interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern. If you have any questions regarding this AUP, contact email@example.com.
You may not publish or transmit via Warpline Web Hosting service any content that Warpline Web Hosting reasonably believes:
• constitutes child pornography;
• constitutes pornography;
• is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
• is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
• is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
• creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health or compromises national security
• interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
• improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
• is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
• clearly infringes on another person’s trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
• promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
• is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Warpline Web Hosting; or
• is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against Warpline Web Hosting by offended viewers.
Content “published or transmitted” via Warpline Web Hosting service includes Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any Internet service provided by Warpline Web Hosting.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your Warpline Web Hosting services.
Bulk Commercial E-Mail
You must obtain Warpline Web Hosting advance approval for any bulk commercial e-mail, which will not be given unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following to Warpline Web Hosting reasonable satisfaction:
• Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
• Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
• You retain evidence of the recipient’s consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honor recipient’s and Warpline Web Hosting requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request.
• The body of the e-mail must describe how the e-mail address was obtained, for example, “You opted in to receive this e-mail promotion from our Web site or from one of our partner sites,” and information on how to request evidence of the consent, for example, “If you would like to learn more about how we received your e-mail address please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to easily revoke their consent – such as a link in the body of the e-mail, or instructions to reply with the word “Remove” in the subject line. Revocations of consent are honored within 72 hours, and you notify recipients that their revocation of their consent will be honored in 72 hours;
• You must post an email@example.com e-mail address on the first page of any Web site associated with the e-mail, you must register that address at abuse.net, and you must promptly respond to messages sent to that address;
• You have the means to track anonymous complaints;
• You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail must include the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message or in the “TO” line of the e-mail; and
• You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your Warpline Web Hosting service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your Warpline Web Hosting service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
Warpline Web Hosting may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.
Server & Network Misuse
Under no circumstances do we allow software that uses idle CPU clock time. This includes software such as FOLDING@home, SETI@home, distributed net, BOINC, Coin mining software, etc.
Material Protected by Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
• you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner;
• you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
Warpline Web Hosting will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
Warpline Web Hosting takes DMCA complaints very seriously. We will comply with all offical takedown notices from the respective copyright owner. To report a breach of copyright, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warpline Web Hosting is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers’ activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the Warpline Web Hosting network.
Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to email@example.com.
You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
• Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to Warpline Web Hosting and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
• monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;
• Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
• Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
• Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting; or
• Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the Warpline Web Hosting network.
• Use of Warpline Web Hosting network in a way that unreasonably interferes with Warpline Web Hosting other customers use of the network
Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums.